This seems to be the universal question, especially with Friends with Benefits, Hooking Up, F-Buddies, becoming acceptable practice among couples today. So what are the signs that might tell you he’s interested in more than sex? How do you know if the relationship is building towards a commitment? How do you know when to jump ship and move on? How long should you wait before you ask him to define the relationship?
Well, you’ve probably visited a 100 other websites written from a woman’s perspective. Here are a few for you to check out. (Elite Daily Cosmo LifeHack ) These are well written and informative articles but they don’t give The Guy’s Perspective. We want to share a few more basic “tells” that you should be aware of before you even get to whether or not he listens to you, or is nice to his inferiors, or respects your space, or asks you questions because he wants to know you, or makes you feel beautiful, or boosts your self-esteem and/or treats you as an equal. The “tells” we’re talking about are often ignored by woman universally, or if not ignored, go unnoticed, or deemed unimportant.
10 “Tells” to tell you if he’s truly interested……
- He only says he loves you during sex. Or right before sex. Or when he wants sex. (Keep in mind, a guy will do or say anything to get sex. Which means he’ll say what you want to hear.)
- He proposes a Friends with Benefits. (This means he’s already evaluated and decided that you are not relationship material. FWB rarely evolve into something more serious.)
- Your relationship moves from being serious to a FWB. (Not good)
- He says let’s just see how it goes. The old Wait and See. (This is fine and appropriate when you first start dating, but if it continues it’s a sure sign you’re in a purely casual and sexual relationship and it’s not going to change.)
- Communication is poor from the get go. (If you’re the one initiating it means he doesn’t want to put in the effort.)
- Communication decreases rather than increases. (He is either losing interest or he now thinks he no longer needs to put in the effort.)
- He’s super busy. (This is about priorities. Sure, there are times when a person is super busy but there is always time for a quick text to say the obvious. “Hi. I’m super busy. Thinking of you. Talk soon.”
- He doesn’t introduce you to his friends or family. Or he actually hides the fact that he’s dating you.
- He only wants to hang out, but doesn’t actually take you out. (This is all about effort or lack thereof.)
- He never wants to talk about the relationship.
- Bonus: He is checking out other online dating sites. Or his profile is still active.
We’d love to hear your thoughts. Or if you have other “tells” you’d like to share. (Leave in the comments below.)
If you’d like to book a private coaching session or conversation with The Guys, read the testimonials on our Relationship Coaching/Advice page and then click the Ask a Private Question option on our site and follow the steps. We look forward to working with you.
ps. Check out our Ask the Guys page to read more Relationship Advice.